3AT’s are going to focus on highly useful information, actions, and techniques to become a better version of yourself in the following domains: Personal Finance, Personal Development, and Relationship Building!
So WELCOME to the inaugural 3AT post!!! Here we go!….
Is 2018 the year you get your financial house in order? Here are two amazing books:
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey Audible | Book
- The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach Audible | Book
….my recommendation is to pick one and to either listen or read it together with your significant other or a friend with common goals! Hold each other accountable.
BONUS CONTENT: Have kids? Dave Ramsey has an excellent set of kids’ books that teach them about money (saving, giving, spending).
Let’s be THANKFUL for our 1st World Problems:
- The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- The taxes I pay because it means that I’m working.
- The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The space I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
- My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
- The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
- The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
- Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
- The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I’m alive.
- The overload of e-mail that I get that bogs me down, but at least I know that I have friends who are thinking of me and work to do.
- My fighting kids because it means I have children to extend my legacy.
**ACTION: Call someone. Well not just someone….someone who you haven’t talked to in awhile. Someone you are estranged from. Someone who you have lost touch with. NO TEXTING ALLOWED. CALL THEM. Tell them you are sorry that you’ve lost touch. Or tell them “I’m sorry” because you owe them that.**
(pause right here) Think about that person. Think of a peak moment in your relationship. Use that as motivation to make the call. DO IT NOW!!!
***WARNING: The contents of this post are intended to be incredibly shareable. Feel free to share it with ANYONE you think would benefit. Let me know if you want to be added, removed, provide feedback, give me content for the next Three Action Thursday…***