Authentic communication is a lost art. It’s crazy how much communication has changed in the last 20-30 years, and probably NOT for the better. So, I am hoping you will humor me and do the following:
[First, for fun, watch these teens try and figure out a rotary phone.]
My challenge for you:
- Pull out your phone, go to your contacts and type in the letter “C”.
- Look at the screen and pick the name of someone you haven’t talked to in a long time.
- Call them and tell them how you feel about them.
Optional: Rinse and repeat two or three more times, picking a different letter each time!
- Do the exercise above.
- Spend a few moments after the call to reflect on the experience.
- Email me and let me know how it went.**